CUPA and CERS Compliance
EHI is very familiar with the requirements of Certified Unified Program Agencies (CUPA) and Participating Agencies (PA) specializing in all levels of compliance with Hazardous Material andWaste Management.
CUPAs and PAs have been formed throughout California to consolidate the administration, permit, HW inspection, and enforcement of the following programs:
- The Aboveground Petroleum Storage Act (APSA) Program
- California Accidental Release Prevention (CalARP)
- Hazardous Material Business Plan (HMBP) including Hazardous Material Inventory Disclosure Statements (California Fire Code)
- Hazardous Material Contingency Plans
- Hazardous Waste Generator and Onsite Hazardous Waste Treatment (tiered permitting) Programs
- Underground Storage Tank Program
- Area Plans for Hazardous Material Emergencies
Do I Need EHI to Prepare My Reports?
Under oversight by Cal/EPA, CUPAs implement the Unified Program mandates (see above list) with the intention of streamlining and providing consistent regulatory oversight activities. Like any newer software program, even the CUPA admits there remain glitches. Even though the intent is to provide a user friendly environment, and streamline the data submission process, understanding what CERS requires and getting into compliance can be a headache! Environmental HELP is CERS Excedrin!
Preparing and uploading the required reports (data entry) by EHI can make your job as the data submitter – EASY!
EHI is a full service environmental consulting firm, founded in 1989 to assist California businesses in managing their ever more complex regulatory compliance requirements.